EUROSAF webinars: Personalities and experts talk about ways to promote sailing as a tool for social impact
- In cooperation between the European Sailing Federation (EUROSAF) and World Sailing
- Part 5 brought successful event organizers to the stage
- Last webinar before summer will be run under the flag of „Steering the Course – Women’s Sailing Festival“
The European Sailing Federation (EUROSAF) is running a webinar series on different aspects of promoting sailing in cooperation with World Sailing’s Development and Regions Committee until the end of May. The webinars offer a great opportunity for EUROSAF members to share ideas and information. They are led by EUROSAF first vice-president, Pınar Coşkuner Genç, and World Sailing training delivery manager, Rob Holden.
The webinar series started in February and were delivered by Rob Holden. The first four sessions covered World Sailing Programs, Women in Sailing, Retaining Sailors in the Sport, and Pathways for Sailors in the Sport. After sharing interesting insights from World Sailing’s experience, followed an opportunity for questions and discussion.
A highlight of the series was part 5, held on 12 May 2021, with the panel discussion „Successful Event Organization". The organizers of four major European events reported on their visions, challenges, success factors, and innovations:
- Gydnia Sailing Days: Tomasz Chamera, World Sailing vice-president and president of the Polish Yachting Association, who advised building a strong link with local authorities and enriching the event with activities beyond sailing.
- Trofeo Princesa Sofia: Ferran Muniesa, executive director of C.N. S'Arenal, who recommended joining forces with local tourism industry and treating sustainability as a promotion vector.
- Semaine Olympique Française: Edward Russo, Treasurer of Fédération Française de Voile, who stressed the importance of a competent and dedicated team and of ensuring stability, financial and otherwise.
- Marina Militare Nastro Rosa Tour and EUROSAF Mixed Offshore European Championship: Riccardo Simoneschi, executive director of Sailing Series International srl, who prescribed delivering return on investment to commercial partners and elaborated on creating a new concept to present sailing to non sailing audiences.
The sixth and—for the time being—last webinar will take place on 26 May during the World Sailing „Steering the Course – Women’s Sailing Festival”. Inspirational European women in sailing will talk about their beginnings, their experience, and their love for the sport. This webinar will be open to all interested participants; invitations will be sent to all EUROSAF Members.
EUROSAF and World Sailing have already planned a continuation of the webinar series in September, after hopefully carefree and successful sailing months this summer.